Flood Hazard Identification Program
2015/16 River Hazard Studies
Six new multi-year river hazard studies are now underway. These studies will identify river hazards and produce new flood inundation and flood hazard maps for the following:
- 220 km of the Bow River;
- 70 km of the Elbow River;
- 50 km of the Sheep River;
- 35 km of Threepoint Creek;
- 90 km of the Highwood River;
- 10 km of the Little Bow River;
- 50 km of the Peace River;
- 15 km of the Athabasca River;
- 20 km of the Clearwater River; and
- 5 km of Hangingstone Creek.
In total, approximately 560 kilometres of river will be studied and mapped.
An informational letter has been sent out to stakeholders in the areas where these studies are being conducted. Workers in the field conducting these studies have copies of this letter, and are able to provide a copy for review if requested.