Water Treatment & Quality
- There is an onsite Water Treatment Plant within the Townsite.
- The Water Treatment Plant is monitored by our Operations Department and by a third party contracted water monitoring service.
- Redwood Meadows’ water meets or exceeds current federal and provincial regulatory standards.
- Your water may appear cloudy when you initially pour it from the tap. This is caused by dissolved air in your water and is not an indicator of any problem. The water will clear if you let it stand for a few minutes.
- It is recommended that you use a de-chlorination chemical prior to using tap water for fish tanks. These chemicals are readily available at most pet stores.
- It is good practice to run the tap water for a few minutes after periods of no water use (i.e. 6 hours or more) to flush out the water that has been sitting in your household plumbing. To help conserve water, you can collect and use the flushed water for washing or watering plants.
Sanitary Sewage System
The sanitary sewage system is operated as a self-sufficient rate based utility system. It consists of several kms of sewer mains, 365 service lines, and an off Townsite Sewage Treatment process.
Billing and Payment
Water and sewage are billed monthly to residents as a town based utility. Payment for water is based on usage and waste is a flat fee. Payments can be made online though automatic monthly withdrawal or in person at the Townsite Office.