Redwood Meadows FAQs

The Frequently asked Questions page is set up to help answer some of your questions. If you have a concern that is not covered on this page, please contact Redwood House.

Q: Are there bylaws I have to abide by in the community?

A: Yes there are, unfortunately rules and regulations have to be put in place to protect the majority from the minority. Redwood Meadows has a number of Bylaws including Animal Control, Traffic and Nuisance. Copies can be obtained from the Townsite office. Our toughest bylaw to get in place but our most prized is the Traffic Bylaw, allowing us to enforce the 30km speed limit within the townsite and help keep the streets safe for you, your children and your pets. Please abide by the speed limit.

Q: How is the townsite governed?

A: 6 councillors and a mayor govern the community. All are “elected” according to Alberta Provincial Laws. Please feel free to contact the Townsite for more Information.

Q: Is there a Community Association in Redwood Meadows?

A: Yes, and a very active and committed group of individuals. The Community Association holds loads of events like Canada Day, New Years eve potluck, and the famous Redwood Meadows craft fair and so much more.

Q: Who do I call in an emergency?

A: Always call 911 in an emergency. Redwood Meadows Emergency Services is manned 100% by the some of the most dedicated volunteers in the area. They provide fire protection and emergency medical services, and are dispatched by pager. Do not go to the firehall in an emergency case as there may not be anyone there. The department consists of approximately 25 members who live in Redwood Meadows, Bragg Creek, and surrounding area.

Q: I want to change the external color of my home, do I need approval?

A: Yes. In order to keep a consistent “country appearance” in Redwood Meadows there are strict architectural controls which include colors for the outside of buildings, including trim and doors. Materials are also restricted and a complete copy of the requirements can be picked up at Townsite office, Redwood House.

Q: I heard I have to get approval to cut down a tree, why is this?

A: Only trees of less than 6″ in trunk diameter can be cut down without permission. The purpose is to maintain as many trees as possible within the community. When building a house, the Townsite will pick an area that will result in the least amount of trees being cut down. NOTE: Architectural controls are a component of the lease agreement with Sarcee Developments and are mandatory.

Q: How can I find out more about all of the groups active within the Townsite?

A: Contact the Townsite office and our staff will be more than happy to answer your questions and help put you get in contact with the group you are looking for.

Speak Your Mind