|Location: Townsite of Redwood Meadows||Job Title: Public Works Lead|
|Hours: 40 hours per week (May include evenings and weekends)||Pay: Negotiable based on experience.|
|Deadline: 4 p.m. on September 15, 2019||Reports To: Operations Manager|
The Townsite of Redwood Meadows is looking to hire a Public Works & Maintenance Lead to maintain the Townsite’s public buildings, streets, roads, park areas, fields, trails and other public areas. Daily assignments shall be directed by the Operations Manager. The ideal candidate would be someone that is interested in learning Municipal water and wastewater distribution system maintenance and repairs; and operating heavy equipment such as bobcats, plows dump trailers, etc. The person coming into this entry level position will have the opportunity to be mentored and groomed for a high level position within the organization, such as a manager’s role.
- Clean and maintain public walk ways, streets, roads and other public grounds of the Townsite.
- Remove debris and snow with a snowplow and other equipment from streets, public walk ways, public buildings and other public areas.
- Pot Hole repairs/crack sealing/direct pavers.
- Spread sand and/or salt on public walk ways for snow and ice control.
- Operate power mowers and cutters to cut lawns and grass along roadsides. Direct summer students to do the same.
- Cut trees, trim branches, apply fertilizer and insecticides by hand, water public lawns, trees and shrubs when needed.
- Load and unload trucks with supplies and equipment.
- Collect and load refuse from public areas and dump in designated dumpsters.
- Routine maintenance and repair of equipment.
- Direct skilled tradespersons such as carpenters, plumbers and mechanics as required.
- Directly involved in all underground infrastructure repairs.
- Clean public buildings’ exterior windows semi-annually or as required. And direct Summer students to do the same
- Providing general maintenance and repairs to all public building and/or facilities such as, but bulbs, screws, door hinges, door knobs, blinds, cabinet handles/ knobs and other items that can be easily done without calling a contractor as required.
- Checks in with the Operations Manager at the beginning and end of the day.
- Able to work productively with applying required safety standards and independently with little supervision.
- Ability to be courteous and respectful with the public and co-works at all times.
- Perform additional duties as directed by the Operations Manager from time to time.
- Minimum 2 – 3 years of relevant experience.
- Must have high school diploma.
- Additional education considered at asset.
- Must meet the requirements of a Competent Person as defined by the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA)
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and have reliable transportation to and from work.
- Must complete RCMP Criminal Reference Check to be bondable.
- Municipal experience considered an asset.
Please send resumes to email@example.com by 4 p.m. on September 15, 2019